Re: Potential issue 39 fix w/ patch

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Potential issue 39 fix w/ patch
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 04:49:55 +0000 (UTC)

Mike Solomon <mikesol <at> ufl.edu> writes:
> I've included before and after photos.

Hi Mike.
The hemidemisemiquaver(*) and the minim are supposed to be simultaneous, so I
do not like the horizontal shift.

There is no mention in issue 39 of the desired output.  The only thing I can
imagine wanting done automatically is lengthening the stem.  Is it too late for
that when note-collisions are being handled?

If the best achievable output is only slightly more preferable than the
collision, but costs significant computation for every note-collision, we might
want to simply note this one as 'not worth fixing with the methods tried so
far'.

I'll still try your patch.
--
Keith

[*] I'm American, actually, so would normally say 64th note; I just like the
cheap thrill I get out of writing hemidemisemiquaver.