Re: Fix 1120 in a way to avoid issues 1472, 1474 (issue4095041)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fix 1120 in a way to avoid issues 1472, 1474 (issue4095041)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:20:48 +0000

On 2011/01/31 19:50:38, Carl wrote:

We could then get the value of default-separation from the paper
column, and use
that value throughout separation-item.cc

I had discounted the new property idea because of all the extra property
lookups, but it seems your idea costs only one lookup per Column.
For a name, default-clearance might better indicate that this is a
vertical clearance maintained while choosing horizontal separation
between columns.

I agree that it seems like a bit of a pain to do [...]
Pain only makes us stronger.  However, I decided decades ago that I
should avoid learning programming languages where one can redefine the +
operator.  I did not manage to escape them entirely, but might get stuck
trying to pass a new property through all the layers.  Let's see.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4095041/