Re: Squiggle picture

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Squiggle picture
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:30:54 +0000

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 02:39:53PM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> IMHO the green background rectangle of the squiggle image in our front
> page is not excessively aesthetic.  See this preview with an
> alternative without:
>
> http://paconet.org/lilypond/out-website/website/index.html

Could the green be a bit darker?  It looks a bit too light and/or
thin without the background.  Or maybe the whole thing should just
be larger?

I no firm feelings either way -- the squiggle was introduced as
the "first step" towards a fancier design, but the volunteer in
question encountered some technical difficulties and was
discouraged from taking the "second step".  I believe we have an
open issue for "jazz up the webpage".

... yeah, it's 1168.  It explicitly mentions problems with the
squiggle.