4167050: Changes the beam collision engraver to check for subsequent bea

From: address@hidden
Subject: 4167050: Changes the beam collision engraver to check for subsequent beams (Re: collision between beams and grace notes)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:02:00 -0500

On Feb 15, 2011, at 1:10 PM, Keith OHara wrote:

mike <at> apollinemike.com <mike <at> apollinemike.com> writes:

On Feb 14, 2011, at 6:20 AM, Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:

On Mon 07 Feb 2011, 21:17 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

\header { texidoc = "
The beaming algorithm should handle collisions between beams and
grace notes too.

Here is a counterexample.
" }

This is reported as 795 and is being under discussion and development right
now, as far as i know.

I recently ran into this problem (meaning this morning @ 7:00) and I managed
to get this fixed with my current
beam collision work (it took adding 6 lines of code to the beam collision
engraver).

However, I'm not sure if this has negative side effects, and thus I'm
hesitant to post a patch.  I'll run some
regtests today or tomorrow and, if nothing breaks, I'll post a patch.

Don't forget that Han Wen's beam scoring patch at
http://codereview.appspot.com/4174043/,
which uses Mike's beam-collision engraver, successfully places beams around
grace notes.

Hey all,

I've uploaded a patch that takes grace notes (and other beams) into account.

Keith - I'm not sure if this is the case.  Currently, both my algorithm & Han-Wen's get the attached result without a modification to the beam collision engraver.
I had a chance to run the regtests on my fix to the engraver to deal with this issue.  Nothing breaks.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4167050

Han-Wen - could you rebase your code off of this and let me know if it breaks anything?  If so, I'll try to redo it in a way that allows both proposals to make use of this feature.

Cheers,
MS