Question about @lilypond options for creating smaller page examples with

From: James Lowe
Subject: Question about @lilypond options for creating smaller page examples within our Doc
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:47:18 +0000

Hello,

While editing the NR 3.2 section on Titles and Headers it seems it would be
nice to be able to create 'smaller' (or rather, shorter) ' whole page output'
when processing @lilypond examples, so as to show simple things like page
breaks, tag lines and headers and footers without having to display a whole
Letter/A4 page of blank space.

I've takne a look in the usage documents for lilypond-book and Texinfo but I
need some advice.

It seems to me that I cannot create an explicit output size by  specifying
height and width dimensions, like I can specify a line length within a
@lilypond [xxx] variable.

So I thought that if we had a 'custom' entry in the scm/paper.scm file - I
experimented with some sizes and it seems that having a height of 35mm is
enough to get a line of music, a header/title and a footer - that we could
simply refer to that within the @lilypond [xxx] variables. But I cannot see
what option to use or if it is possible.

I could just explicitly put a \paper {} variable within the @lilypond construct
but this isn't as neat and I can't see which option to use in the @lilypond
[xxx] variable to force it to use the \paper {} either.

Thanks for your help.

James