Re: PATCHES: 48-hour notice for modal key signatures andkeep-inside-line

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: PATCHES: 48-hour notice for modal key signatures andkeep-inside-line
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:38:33 +0000

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 12:20:47PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Trevor Daniels wrote Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:17 PM
>
> >Graham Percival wrote Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:45 AM
> >
> >>Tues, 9am UK time.
> >
> >?  I know you keep strange hours, but this is a little
> >too strange ;)

A 25-hour schedule is what humans do naturally, when external
pressures on waking times are removed... although a recent study
found that it's 24 hours and 11 minutes:
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/1999/07.15/bioclock24.html

But it certainly seems to be more than 24 hours.  And if you don't
line up with 24 hours exactly, or reset your clock, then you end
up waking up quite naturally at 2am and walking to university by
3am.  :)

> Silly of me.  This is the time you'll push the patches,
> of course.  Sorry for the noise.

I'll push patches (or ask other people to push them) shortly after
that time.  I don't have an automated system for this, if that's
what you're thinking.

The time I specify is simply (approximately) 48 hours after I send
the initial email.  We could bump that up to 72 hours if there's
concern about not having enough time for reviews, although of
course then we might not get through so many patches each week and
might leave contributor's work "hanging around" for too long.  At
the moment, I think that 48 hours is a decent compromise.