Re: Doc: harmonics and slides (issue4186049)

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: Doc: harmonics and slides (issue4186049)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:16:27 +0100

Am 28.02.2011 um 14:21 schrieb address@hidden:

> One comment.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/6002/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely
> File Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/6002/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely#newcode427
> Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely:427: @end lilypond
> Apologies for my ignorance on fretted music, but is there a reason we
> need both the \ottava #1 and the \clef "treble_8" functions in this?
>
> That is, can we omit one/all of them and still make the example make
> sense?
Hm, we could omit all of them but this might be confusing for guitarists.
Guitarists normally read music as if there were a "treble_8" even when there is
a "treble"-clef. I probably included the \ottava #1 in one of my first snippets
to avoid very high notes. But in this case it is not really necessary, indeed!

Thanks,
patrick