Re: adding \header {} affects line breaks

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: adding \header {} affects line breaks
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 00:44:51 +0000 (UTC)

James Lowe <James.Lowe <at> datacore.com> writes:

> What is the \header { } doing to the spacing and how can I prevent it - I
> have tried using a fixed width with a \paper but this does nothing.

It seems that any markup on the page causes version 2.13.50+ to prefer
stretching the lines, if one line was forced to be stretched.

\version "2.13.51"
\score {\relative c'' {
c1 c \break
d1 d d d d d d d
} }
\markup "hello"

If the first line has some more c1s added, or if the markup is removed,
then the Ds all go on one line.  page-spacing-weight didn't seem to help.