Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:40:20 +0100

Keith OHara schreef op do 10-03-2011 om 18:15 [-0800]:

> > It works for me, [...]
>
> Oh!  Thanks for checking.

> I'll post a report on the bug list with the (very tiny) midi files and see if
> it's just my midi players (timidity and WMP)

Thanks.  Note that I now found that if there are two voices on one
staff, taking track 1 channels 0 and 1, only channel 0's instrument
is set, so the second voice sounds as the default piano.

It would be nice to have a test for that to check when it's fixed.

> Long term, though, I don't see how your approach can handle orchestral
> scores, where there usually are more than 16 voices.

I hope this new solution is better than the previous one: that had
a maximum of 15 staffs + 1 percussion and would wrap around after
16 different staffs/instruments.  Now, we have an unlimited number
of staffs, and 15 voices per staff (or one percussion).  I hope.

Greetings,
Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl