Build split and raising/verifying issues

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Build split and raising/verifying issues
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:32:59 +0100

I'm reasonably confused about the ramifications of the split to 2.13 and 2.14. Will there be release versions of 2.14, which will require testing? What needs to be done in terms of regtest checking for builds? What will constitute a critical bug, and do we need specific labels to identify which build the bug applies to? Are there any changes to the verification process?

And while I'm at it - we're now raising issues to track patches, but these frequently have no sample code to use to verify. Do we need to do anything wrt verifying these where they're claimed fixed?

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad