Re: scheme extension for playback experiments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: scheme extension for playback experiments
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:19:57 +0100

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 12:37:46PM +0000, Bernard Hurley wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:14:56PM -0800, Dennis Raddle wrote:
> > I am completely new to LilyPond, but it seems like a good way to get
> > beautiful notation, and, I hope, experiment with playback algorithms that
> > add human touch. What I wonder is whether the Scheme extension language
> > would let me easily examine the notes, dynamics, hairpins, articulations,
> > and ornaments in the file and write that into some custom file format that
> > can be processed by some of my Python scripts that experiment with human
> > touch playback.
>
> The idea is quite feasible. The easiest way to do this would be to use the
> concept of a music stream as outlined in Erik Sandberg's master's thesis:
> http://lilypond.org/web/images/thesis-erik-sandberg.pdf

It's a few months late, but there's an easier way in the works.
  functionality:
http://codereview.appspot.com/4373046/
  docs:
http://codereview.appspot.com/4438054/

Hopefully it will be accepted and will become part of lilypond
2.14.1.  If you want to use it before then, it's actually quite
easy just to copy event-listener.ly to your own directory and use
it right now.  :)