Re: Problem with pushing

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Problem with pushing
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 18:34:02 +0000 (UTC)

James Lowe <James.Lowe <at> datacore.com> writes:

> I have just pushed a change to the CG but forgot to commit some additional
changes so they didn't get pushed.

> So the CG won't compile now.

My guess is that you collected the changes into an 'amended' commit,
which would replace the first one.  'Git push' complains if you try
to replace the first commit; it expects that we want the central repository
to contain simple forward-moving commits only.   To follow this convention
you would create a new commit (not amend) to fix the errors in your mistaken
commit.

People will just revert your commit if they need to in order to get the
documentation to compile, so don't feel bad about it.

Or, if have the the additional changes as an email-able patch, or the
complete corrected change, you could attach it to a post here so that other
developers have the option to test and push what you intended.