Re: 'q' chord repetition shorthand. Bug?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: 'q' chord repetition shorthand. Bug?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:19:32 +0200

2011/5/4 Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden>:
> Le 4 mai 2011 à 13:18, Francisco Vila a écrit :
>
>> Is this the intended output? Looks as if a C (incomplete) chord is
>> created where there is no previous chord.
>>
>> { c'8 q }
>
> What output can be intended when the input is wrong?

Oh, I don't expect any other than wrong output.  But wrong outputs for
wrong inputs can still keep a logic and that's what I am looking for.

> `q' a chord repetition chord, so you should use it after chords.

That is documented.  What it is not, is what happens if you don't.

> Actually, there are chords in the files that are automatically loaded by
> LilyPond, se ly/*.ly files.  The chord that you see in your example must
> be the last parsed chord from thoses files.

Thanks, that is an explanation I can use if/when someone asks me.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com