RE: autoconf not mentioned in build dependencies

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: autoconf not mentioned in build dependencies
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 11:01:53 +0000

Hello,
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Jan Nieuwenhuizen
address@hidden
Sent: 08 May 2011 09:57
To: Andrew Hawryluk
Cc: lilypond-devel

Andrew Hawryluk writes:

> I'm building from scratch on a new Ubuntu install and autoconf is not
> mentioned as a requirement:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-compiling-lilypond

Autoconf is only needed when building from GIT.  The tarball
includes ./configure and does not need autoconf.

> Is this an omission in the documentation or a problem with the
> packaging (i.e. sudo apt-get build-dep lilypond)?

---

While I was trying to install my own Ubuntu LP dev machine, I noticed too that
autoconf is not part of the LP package that you can get from the repositories
and that I always have to apt-get autoconf separately.

I did send a few emails to the packager of the buid-dep LP repository (am I
even using the right terms here?!) and had no reply, so I did have to apt-get
that separately.

However we do have a pre-built ISO that you can use for LP development.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/lilydev

James