Re: Handles longa in MultiMeasureRest (issue4543055)

From: bordage . bertrand
Subject: Re: Handles longa in MultiMeasureRest (issue4543055)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 23:51:27 +0000

I know these rules. They will always be LilyPond's default behavior.
What I meant is "if someone want to change this (for contemporary music
or anything else), it doesn't have to be difficult to do".

If we want to create a non-standard capability, it would seem to me
that the
user-settable property should be some kind of alist, rather than a
boolean.

Yes, that's what I meant : an alist of durations (or duration-logs) and
a boolean.
Because for now, when one sets use-breve-rest in a measure longer than a
whole and shorter than a breve, a breve is engraved.
It's only for this purpose that I suggested to add a boolean.

If you feel strongly enough about having this capability to code it,
I'm
certainly willing to review patches, as long as the current behavior
is
concerned.

If you agree with what I just said, I'll start to implement it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4543055/