Re: Question about Music Classes in Internals and how to find\function p

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Question about Music Classes in Internals and how to find\function properties
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 10:16:43 +0100

Carl Sorensen wrote Friday, May 20, 2011 4:47 PM

On 5/20/11 8:24 AM, "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

So my questions are

1. I know that I can use 'dynamic-event' for instance (because I have tried it) but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to know if an *-event will or
will not work/be allowed in this property.

Without trying it, I would assume any event that is in the Voice context
will be usable here.

2. Where do I find out or where do I go to see where to find out a function
like \cueDuring?

Most likely ly/music-functions-init.ly.  You can find it with

git grep cueDuring

Event classes are defined in scm/define-event-classes.scm. They are arranged in a hierarchy rooted in StreamEvent, eg

StreamEvent
 music-event
   rhythmic-event
     melodic-event
       note-event, cluster-note-event  (these are leaf events)

Each event class is also a member of all higher event classes in the hierarchy.

But I don't know which of these can be used in quotedCueEventTypes. Clearly not all of them are relevant, but you could try out likely ones to see if they work.

Trevor