Re: Allows LilyPond to ignore certain note-heads in a stem. (issue454705

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Allows LilyPond to ignore certain note-heads in a stem. (issue4547058)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:24:54 +0200

On May 22, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> The interface to this looks rather clumsy.
>
> As you want to ignore only the extreme note
> head on a stem I'd prefer this to be controlled
> by a property of Stem, rather than NoteHead.
> Then you don't need to use tweak, with the need
> for careful positioning, and could even define
> predefs like \stemDownShort.
>
> Trevor

Hey Trevor,

Thanks for the feedback!

I think your suggestion would work in most cases, but for this one:

\displayMusic \relative c' {
<c\harmonic
 f\harmonic
 \parenthesize \tweak #'duration-log #2 \tweak #'stem-ignore ##t g'
 \parenthesize \tweak #'duration-log #2 \tweak #'stem-ignore ##t c>2
^"IV & III"
}

you couldn't do it just based on the extremal noteheads.

Cheers,
MS