Re: Loose-lines honor padding between systems (issue4553060)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Loose-lines honor padding between systems (issue4553060)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:09:00 +0000

On 2011/05/25 13:43:55, Carl wrote:
IIRC, part of the motivation for the new spacing algorithm was the
desire to put
staves in fixed positions on the page, regardless of what else was
around.

Does this patch eliminate this possibility?

No.
This patch merely includes a spring component, which should have been
there all along, to the spacing problem for non-staff lines at the top
or bottom of a system.
Using line-break-system-details stuff overrides the springs, and there
are lots of regtests checking that it still works.

In fact, now I see the regtest that should have caught this issue 1654,
if only it had an active 'soft' spring component. I'll tweak that one to
avoid adding a new regtest.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553060/