Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 09:53:26 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/9003/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/9003/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode958
scm/output-lib.scm:958: ; Punctuation
On 2011/06/07 09:45:12, Bertrand Bordage wrote:
I understand your concerns and I'm a little embarrassed to introduce a
new
syntax for the risk of disrupting the users understanding. But it also
lacks a
lot of people.
In the list, I added the characters which are not allocated in the
French Linux
keyboard (except the ellipsis, the non-breaking space and the dashes).
It does bother me however to remove this list.

It may be worth testing this out on multiple platforms - I've sometimes
had difficulty opening up my .ly files on Windows machines if they
contain special characters.  To what extent is UTF-8 easy to work with
outside of a posix environment?

In general, one way to work this into LilyPond may be to include the
basic functionality, send the string-replacement-alist out to
lilypond-user, and see to what extent people desire to use it.  I've
done this for a couple things and been able to scrap/add functionalities
accordingly.  If it seems like it's something that many people would
want to use, then it should probably be part of the distro.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/