Re: enharmonic problem with \transpose - should we modify it?

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: enharmonic problem with \transpose - should we modify it?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:09:28 +0200

> Maybe i'll write something myself next week, especially if the result
> would be included in Lily (i mean, not as a helper function in the
> docs, but built in Lily). If you could write a very small example of
> how to use key signature in scheme code it would help me much - i can
> handle the algorithm, but writing scheme code is still some problem to
> me.

look at scm/modal-transforms.scm.  there's a scale parameter to some
functions; those are called from ly/music-functions-init.ly from functions
(e.g. modalTranspose) that still take scale as parameter.  there are
examples in NR 1.1.2 Modal transformations.  the scale is a set;
you would iterate through the music and replace each note for which
you find an enharmonic equivalent in the scale.

now as I write this, it feels easier than I thought, maybe I'll find time
enough this weekend to do it.