Re: \breakDynamicSpan breaks with \break ("bounds of spanner are invalid

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: \breakDynamicSpan breaks with \break ("bounds of spanner are invalid")
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:53:32 +0200

Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2011, 22:06:04 schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
> I'm currently trying to understand what exactly is the cause of bugs #1259
> and #1433:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1259
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1433
[...]
> It actually indicates that the DynamicTextSpanner (or the Hairpin) is
> longer than its parent DynamicLineSpanner.
> These error checks are in Spanner::do_break_processing, which is only
> called for breaks, so the error is printed only at line breaks.

Of course, I realized that the final bounds for the hairpins and dynamic text
spans are set when they are really ended, so setting the bound when the line
spanner is shortened will be overwritten later on and does not have an effect.

So, shortening the dynamic spanners is not possible as a solution and it is
perfectly legal that the spanners are longer than the parent line spanner. I
realized that the only possible way is to mark the line spanner as shortened.
As this is the only legal case when the parent might be shorter than the
children, I tried to include an additional check for that case in
Spanner::do_break_processing.
Unfortunately, the offending hairpin/dynamictext spanners do not have any X-
parent set in Spanner::do_break_processing, so setting a flag on shortened
dynamic line spanners is also not possible...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886