Re: GOP-PROP 4: lessons from 2.14

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 4: lessons from 2.14
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:04:44 +0100

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:34:56PM -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Daily tests would be awesome:
> > http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=933
>
> We used to have this, but it was rather fragile, so it only caught
> compilation errors, and no regtest breakage.

Catching compilation (make and make doc) errors, and telling us
exactly which commits occurred between the last successful build
and the current failing attempt, would still save on average 5
hours of developer frustration each month.
(oh, also running make distcheck)

The sooner we know about breakage, the better.