Re: Fixes problems with glissando line breaking code pointed out by Han-

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Fixes problems with glissando line breaking code pointed out by Han-Wen. (issue4634119)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 19:04:11 +0100

On 3 July 2011 18:09, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the info!  I had no idea this was the case - otherwise I would
> have looked at it manually.  Perhaps this is worth noting in the
> contributor's guide?

The CG does mention bounding boxes, so it is noted in a roundabout way.

> The issue in the current code is that every glissando receives the left and
> right Y bounds of the last glissando typeset.  I'll be able to delve into
> this tomorrow - my first stab at it will be rewriting the algorithm in C++ to
> see if it makes a difference.

It looks like the alist is shared between glissandos (perhaps an
artefact of using assoc-set! rather than building a completely new
alist like you originally did).

It works fine if you use an after-line-breaking callback and set Y
directly via ly:grob-set-nested-property! (though judging by Han-Wen's
comments, this is an invalid solution.)

Cheers,
Neil