Re: Add hihat halfopen glyph to font (issue4714043)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Add hihat halfopen glyph to font (issue4714043)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:23:31 +0200

2011/7/14  <address@hidden>:
> On 2011/07/14 19:50:37, Janek Warchol wrote:
>>
>> The slash looks too long to me, especially when compared to halfopen
>> (unstopped).
>
> I wondered about that myself.  The line is exactly the same length as
> the line in halfopen.

Either dvi proofing (run
  mf feta20; gftodvi $feta20.2602gf
and open resulting dvi file, hihat is 72nd glyph) fools me or you've
miscalculated it.
I've measured it on my screen and the slash in hihat halfopen is about
1.25 longer than slash in halfopen unstopped.

> Maybe I should make the glyph the same height as
> halfopen, instead of having the line be the same length.
>
> I haven't been able to find any good examples of the notation on the web
> to be able to reference for the appropriate size.

I don't have anything to compare too, but i think it'll be fine if we
just make it consistent with halfopen unstopped.

cheers,
Janek