Re: proposal for GOP

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: proposal for GOP
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:05:58 -0700

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 03:23:34PM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> We've decided on python formatting and C++ formatting; the most
> important part for me was "no tabs for indentation".  Why not
> implement this policy in all source files?

We have not yet decided on C++ formatting.  The proposal will not
be officially accepted until 2011-07-20 (next Wednesday).

A blanket policy for tabs is not appropriate; some files (notably
makefiles) require a tab.  We will discuss specific formatting for
scheme, metafont, ly, and other files at later dates.

NB: if anybody wants to start looking at various command-line
scheme indenters (whether that's extracting the elisp
scheme-indent and making it work with guile, or finding an
independent guile indenter, or whatever), that would be fantastic
and we could then have the scheme formatting discussion in August.
If we wait until I have time to research the scheme indentation
stuff myself, then we're probably looking at October or November.