Re: separate regtest branch broke fonts

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: separate regtest branch broke fonts
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:59:40 +0200

On Jul 25, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> Fontforge built easily for me on OSX from MacPorts.
>
> Have you looked carefully through the archives from -devel for fonts on OSX?
> There was a problem a while ago (I can't remember when) that involved wrong
> fonts showing up for me in ChordNames, and I was able to fix it.
>
> There was something about setting up the pango font tree, IIRC.  And there
> was also something about a critical patch for OSX Leopard.
>
> HTH,
>
> Carl

Thanks Carl for your suggestions.

I ultimately decided to do the VirtualMachine just cuz it is easier and faster.
 As it is tough for me to get as much development and composition done work as
I'd like with 24 hours in the day, I want to avoid all possible problems that
drag me into patching software and wading through build system / path stuff.
If I manage to get LilyPond building from source again on my Mac, I'll let you
know, but regtests comparisons take 2/3 the time on the virtual machine, so
I'll likely just use my native mac to run LilyPond's executable and do all my
devel on Ubuntu.

Cheers,
MS