Re: PATCH: Countdown delayed by Monster Trucks

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: PATCH: Countdown delayed by Monster Trucks
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 16:49:43 -0600

On 11-07-30 04:27 PM, James Lowe wrote:
Hello,
From: Graham Percival address@hidden
Sent: 30 July 2011 21:23
To: Colin Campbell; James Lowe
Cc: Devel

Let's just pick up the pieces on Tuesday, with any patches that
can be applied cleanly to the new master.  Right after the update,
we should probably set all remaining patch-review to be
patch-needs_work (at least, any patches involving C++ code), since
the original author will need to produce a new version of the
patch.

-----

... and could those same author's change it to 'Patch New' (not jump to 'Patch
Review') if they'd like me to re-check the make and reg tests. Else I'll have
hell of a job keeping up after Tuesday. No big deal if you don't, I'll do my
best but it would really help.

Thanks

I'll be less than useful Tuesday and Wednesday next week, as I'm managing a bit of development work by our VAR, and starting Thursday, I'll be offline at the Edmonton Folk Fest (John Mayall, Gypsy Kings, Duke Robillard . . .) until Monday the 8th. Would you or James look after the countdowns for me, please? I'll try and run some regtests for James while I'm at the office, if there are candidates. For now, I'll remind the late pushers off-list and try to focus on a GOP PROP for patch handling. It's looking like it might need to be several parts, because there are large social implications viz. the GOP 7 discussion as well as technical ones: I gather Guido is moving to subversion for Rietveld, for example.

Cheers,
Colin

--
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
-- Mark Twain