no movement on Critical issues; 2.16 in Oct ?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: no movement on Critical issues; 2.16 in Oct ?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 22:45:20 -0700

I haven't seen any interest in
This is unfortunate, since it means that we can't have a release
candidate on Aug 01.

I fully expect to lose a whole week of otherwise productive work
in the confusion of the fixcc.py run.  I'm also seeing a couple of
reports of builds failing; those are very serious since it means
that programmers and doc writers can't test their own work.
Unless action is taken, we're looking at a much-delayed 2.16
release.

Many people have said that they would like to have stable releases
more regularly.  Some people have expressed a willingness to work
on a team, i.e. spending a few hours a week on stuff that
(potentially) doesn't interest them in the least, simply to keep
momentum.

I implore those people to investigate + fix Critical issues.  I
know that some problems only occur on certain machines, so those
are going to be a royal pain to investigate... but if nobody does
anything, then it's not going to fix itself.  In cases of
occasional failures, it would be good to know if anybody can
reproduce the problematic behaviour.