Re: a starting point to 1301

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: a starting point to 1301
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:36:37 +0200

2011/7/19 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/18 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>
>> My friend and I, having some spare time, wanted to fix a bug
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1301.  It's related
>> to planning distribution of music notes and other signs, so we need
>> some overview how the whole process works.  Comments in the source
>> code are rare and in the documentation we couldn't find a word about
>> it.  Where could we find some info?
>
> The clef is on a loose column (it floats before the head), so the
> first place I'd look would be lily/spacing-loose-columns.cc (and
> possibly lily/spacing-determine-loose-columns.cc).
>
> I'd guess the problem is the way loose columns are spaced between
> other columns: in this snippet, the columns for the quaver and tuplet
> minim are so close together that the clef's column gets dumped on top
> of the quaver (since it's loose, it doesn't influence the spacing).

Sorry for not responding earlier...  My friend and I didn't have a
chance to work on this again yet (it's too difficult for me - i tried
reading that code and i'm a bit lost, so i prefer to work on things
easier for me), but in order not to waste your answer, maybe let's add
it to CG/Programming work/miscellaney ?  I attach a patch.

thanks,
Janek