Re: Doc: Added \compoundMeter function to NR (issue4837050)

From: lemniskata . bernoullego
Subject: Re: Doc: Added \compoundMeter function to NR (issue4837050)
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 07:32:48 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/4837050/diff/15001/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
File Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4837050/diff/15001/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1555
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1555: shown durations are
multiplied by 3/5 -- as 3/5 * 10/8 = 3/4.  It may be
On 2011/08/07 20:33:38, J_lowe wrote:
On 2011/08/07 15:24:44, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> I prefer brackets to show these parenthetical comments:
> (because 2/3 * 9/8 = 3/4)

I have no strong feelings either way. So Done.

I like this.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4837050/diff/15001/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1643
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1643: come before it indicate the
beat value.
On 2011/08/07 20:33:38, J_lowe wrote:
On 2011/08/07 15:24:44, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> I think it's clearer to say top and bottom of the time signature:
> ... last number in the list is placed at the bottom of the time
signature and
> the numbers that come before it are placed as a summation at the
top.  All but
> the last number indicate the stress groupings and sum to the
duration of the
> measure.

hmmm..I still think that is a bit awkward - I'm not sure 'summation'
comes over
well for non-native English speakers looking at the NR. I also don't
feel the
last sentence is necessary if the @lilyponds are good enough (that and
we talk
about beaming anyway later). See what you think of my very simple
change.

I agree that the last sentence suggested by Treveor isn't necassary.
I think that if we change "summation" to "sum" in his proposal, it will
be understood by people.  In Wiktionary i see that word for sum is
similar in many languages.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4837050/diff/14002/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely
File Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4837050/diff/14002/Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely#newcode1643
Documentation/notation/rhythms.itely:1643: before it, the bottom
numbers.
It's the other way round - Last number goes to the bottom.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4837050/