Re: Moving away from make

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Moving away from make
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:56:17 -0700

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 09:51:46AM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> On 8/12/11 9:32 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > waf looks the nicest at first glance, but they don't support
> > having files with the same name in the source tree and build tree,
>
> I've been loosely following waf, and I think the restriction about the same
> name was in waf 1.5 but has been eliminated in 1.6, which is now out.  I
> think it would be worth taking another look.

Ok.  Here you go:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dev/waf

If you, or Phil, or anybody, can get some basic html documents
happening in dev/waf, we can discuss it further.  If it's actually
possible, then
  ETA: 2 hours
(not counting time learning how to switch branches, and not
counting time spent reading the previous serious discussion in
fall 2009)