Re: fixing website translations

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: fixing website translations
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 09:07:49 -0700

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 05:27:53PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:

> > I gave a quick look at 2.14.2 doc and couldn't find any broken link
> > (from Usage or from Learning Manual). Except for a broken link in the
> > appendix A of LM; but it is not related to the warning above.

Given that the documentation is different from the web site, I'm
not convinced.

> Apparently, the 'Warning: unable to find x in book y' messages do not
> lead necessarily to broken links. IMO they are a side effect of old,
> unused code.

FFS...!  other languages have managed to fix these.  For that
matter, you don't even need to read the language to fix these
problems!
- we no longer have "text editor support" in Usage.  What has that
  node been renamed to?  Go update the name.
- ditto for the other two.

If you can't remember anything like this, then go look in the
archives for the other 4 or 5 times I've complained about similar
problems.  Translators fixed those ones fairly quickly; either ask
them how they did it, or look at the git history to find out how.