Re: Fixes heights and pure heights of stems. (issue 4898044)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Fixes heights and pure heights of stems. (issue 4898044)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:16:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 10:48 PM

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

THE UGLY:

Because this patch effects stem extents across the board, the regtest
comparisons are nightmarish to check. The layout probably does not
change at all in most regtests (at least not to the naked eye), but
because of the change in Y-extent, almost every regtest with stems comes
back as having changed. So, spotting regressions is very difficult.
The files I list above are the only ones where I see a noteworthy
change, and I believe all of these are for the better.

Someone on the team is running pixel by pixel comparisons, which will
correctly show differences.  You can also hack up the
output-distance.py script to ignore all Stem grobs (The grob name is
in the .signature file, so it should be pretty trivial).

Puts hand up. However, I run this on Windows and so would need a Windows .exe to do the comparison.

--
Phil Holmes