Re: beamlets and tuplets

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: beamlets and tuplets
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:38:43 -0600

On 8/20/11 3:40 PM, "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden> wrote:

> What about
>
>   O.   O  O.   O
>   |    |  |    |
>   |   -|  |   -|
>   +----+--+----+
>
> Does this work correctly also?

Yes.  See attached PNG.

On 8/20/11 2:53 PM, "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can you send a test case without dots (i.e. \times 4/5 { c8 [ c16 c8 c16 c8 c8
> ] } to see if that's changed in the new patch ?

I think it's correct.  The flags point away from the normal beat and into
the syncopated beat.  See the PNG.

On 8/20/11 3:23 PM, "Bertrand Bordage" <address@hidden> wrote:

> It looks good.
> Is this also working with complex cases such as { \times 4/5 { a8 a32 a8 a16.
> a8 a8 } } ?
> I think (not sure) the beamlets should be: 32 to the right, 16. to the left.

I agree with you.  I think it's right (but I'm not sure either).  At any
rate, the current patch produces 32 to the right, 16. to the left.  See the
PNG.

Having had this much confirmation, I'll go ahead and clean up my patch and
send it to Rietveld, where you all can test it out with as many difficult
beaming patterns as you want to throw at it.

Thanks for the pre-review,

Carl