Re: bug reports for valgrind warnings?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: bug reports for valgrind warnings?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:18:33 -0700

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 02:08:41PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Shall I open a bug report for each regtest where valgrind shows a warning
> (the
> guile GC warnings are of course filtered out using a suppressions file)?

I wouldn't be surprised if you get some duplicate bugs, though --
I mean, if there was one line in the slur code that produced a
memory error, I'd expect it to show up in dozens of regtests.
I definitely want to see all valgrind-reported bugs fixed (or at
least, explained why it's a false positive), but I'm not certain
that reporting bugs for every regtest is the best way.

Instead, could you post your suppression file and command-line (or
add it to the CG?), so that other people can easily see those
errors?  Then maybe we can have a few people each working on
different regtests.  :)