daily auto-tester proof-of-concept

From: Graham Percival
Subject: daily auto-tester proof-of-concept
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:51:06 +0100

script:
https://github.com/gperciva/lilypond-extra/blob/master/auto-compile/compile-lilypond-test.py

usage:
  ./compile-lilypond-test.py
(after fixing some variables at the top of the file)
very cronjob-able.  I also deliberately avoided using -j for make
so that it'll be less intrusive to a server.

Sample output (with a fake commit):

Begin LilyPond compile, commit: 7a73ad8d9afb46bc2c908a54e776181e1d8df72a
        Success:                autogen.sh
        Success:                configure
*** FAILED BUILD ***
        Previous good commit:  6465274e66a851cccd4cd32a521abc853f3e79dd
        Current broken commit: 7a73ad8d9afb46bc2c908a54e776181e1d8df72a

(oops, I just realized that I should print the step that failed;
in this case, a plain old make)

Anyway, I'm down to 90 minutes for the rest of this week, which I
really need to reserve for email.  Does anybody want to take over
this script and give it a bit more polish?  and/or offer a server
to run this every 24 hours?

If the answers are "no" on both counts, I don't mind doing it
myself, but it might be a week or two before I get it up and
running.  I need to get GOP moving again; GOP 11 isn't precisely
urgent, but it would be great to fix it soon, and there's other
"important but not urgent" stuff to organize.