Re: Kievan square notation in LilyPond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Kievan square notation in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 20:42:40 +0100

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 03:25:20PM -0400, Aleksandr Andreev wrote:
> Just a thought: if you're editing the documentation, it would be
> useful to indicate that git-cl pulls up an interface of vim and that
> to get out of it, you use the standard vim commands. It's not obvious
> when you're doing for the first time. To the uninitiated, it looks
> like the script just crashes.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu Natty, if that's important.

Thanks for the report.  On our custom lilydev ubuntu remix, we've
specifically set $EDITOR (and/or $VISUAL) to be something easier
to use -- it may have been nano?  I can't remember.

I'm reluctant to clutter the instructions for the special case of
people on linux who chose to install their own build dependencies,
but don't have their own favorit $EDITOR set.  I could be
convinced otherwise, and "hiding" this info in an @advanced{}
would be a good start, though.