Re: patches for LilyPond issues 1503 and 1572

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: patches for LilyPond issues 1503 and 1572
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 22:59:54 +0200

Hi Adam,

2011/9/10 Adam Spiers <address@hidden>:
> Sorry Janek, I did receive the email but I've been away travelling for
> 3 months and only just got back.

No problem!  I was afraid that your disappearance meant that you lost
interest in these patches.

> I would be glad to work with you on
> getting these patches finalised and submitted, although please bear
> with me over the next few days as I have some other pressing issues to
> attend to first.

Of course, there's no rush.

> I think the best way would be if I help you with github because it's
> an absolutely beautiful service and IMHO much nicer than emailing
> patches once you get used to it.  If you haven't already done so,
> please try adding my github repository to your own as a remote:
>
>  git remote add aspiers git://github.com/aspiers/lilypond.git
>
> and then simply fetch or pull the commits from my remote branch:
>
>  git fetch aspiers master
>
> or:
>
>  git pull aspiers master
>
> (pull is equivalent to fetch followed by a merge into your current
> branch).
>
> Let me know how you get on (but please be patient if I don't reply
> quickly!)

Done - it was amaznigly painless!

Uploaded to Rietveld: http://codereview.appspot.com/4981052/

One thing: please follow these guidelines concerning commit messages:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor-big-page#commit-messages
I've changed the messages in my repository; i don't know if this
change can cause incompatibilities between our repositories, but if it
does (and we need to be compatible because the patches will probably
have some revisions which i will also have to upload) i attach patch
files created from my repository.

thanks,
Janek