Re: replace DIGIT token class with UNSIGNED (issue 4311041)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: replace DIGIT token class with UNSIGNED (issue 4311041)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:09:49 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> LGTM.
>
> This was a clever way to solve things.  Thanks, David!

Actually, it took me considerable time to come up with a solution that
is boring rather than clever.

Most of my recent API additions were made in order to allow for more
boring programs.  I've gotten burnout in the TeX/LaTeX world from having
to be clever about almost anything (if you find \romannumeral in TeX
code written in the last decade, chances are that it can be traced to
one of several undesigned-for applications of this TeX primitive
established by me).

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4311041/

I am reasonably confident that this is boring enough to not cause
problems.