Re: Finding commits

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Finding commits
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:51:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
To: "Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 8:51 AM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 1:31 AM

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
To verify that a "patch" Issue has been fixed, we check the commit. Using the git web interface, is there a way to find the commit from the commitish?
I've tried but can't find a way, but I'm assuming I'm missing something.

There is no way to search for a committish (AFAIK) through the gitweb interface.

That said, notice that the committish is part of the URL for a
particular commit/commitdiff.  So, you can craft a URL to display the
commit you are looking for.

For example, the diff for commit
d63744cb5e26c4ec8e125a05f9f45654496c248b is shown here:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=d63744cb5e26c4ec8e125a05f9f45654496c248b

Good point, Patrick. I might make a small web page to produce that as a "search".

Here you go:

http://philholmes.net/lilypond/git/

very simple, no error handling, but works for me.

--
Phil Holmes