Results of make check between 2.15.11-1 and 2.15.12-1

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Results of make check between 2.15.11-1 and 2.15.12-1
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:45:13 +0100

Hello,

This is really just an experiment to see if it worked as I wanted but
also if it is something that is useful?

I couldn't workout the git command to rewind it all the way back to
the 'merge branch release/unstable' for 2.15.11-1 so I used gitk and
found that commit and simply right-click and selected 'reset master
branch to here'. This seemed to work and git status showed I was 65
commits behind and gitk looked like I would expect - with the top
commit in the list the one back at 2.15.11-1.

At that point did a configure, make and a make test-baseline in my out
of tree 'build' dir.

Then I did a simple 'git pull -r' and this put gitk all the way back
to the last 'merge branch release/unstable' commit for 2.15.12-1 and
then I ran (in my out of tree build dir)

rm mf/out/* ; make ; make check

and got the following output which I have zipped and attached here:

http://lilypond-stuff.1065243.n5.nabble.com/Make-check-for-diffs-between-2-15-11-1-and-2-15-12-1-td4825102.html

Unzip and point your browser at the index.html (it was the smallest
file size - 1mb zipped, 6mb unzipped -  I could get and the quickest
way I could think of to disseminate the information).

1. Was this the correct work flow?
2. Is this useful at all?

James