Re: Implement optional music function arguments (issue 5023044)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implement optional music function arguments (issue 5023044)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:46:40 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/5023044/diff/22001/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm
File scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5023044/diff/22001/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm#newcode52
scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm:52: (format #f (_ "~a function can't
return ~a")
On 2011/09/25 22:25:35, Ian Hulin (gmail) wrote:
(_ "~a function cannot return ~a")
Sounds more official and serious and less chatty than "can't".

Picking German as one of the more complete catalogs:

$ git grep -c "can't" po/de.po
po/de.po:12
$ git grep -c "cannot" po/de.po
po/de.po:63
$ git grep -c "can not" po/de.po
po/de.po:2

Does not seem like that policy is kept perfectly consistent.  On the
other hand, I have to admit being surprised that we use the
predominantly British spelling here while using "color" exclusively and
preferring "neighbor" over "neighbour" 3:1 and using "centre" almost
only in the translations.

I'll do the change soonish.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5023044/