What's with the Lilypond report?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: What's with the Lilypond report?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:03:31 +0100

On <URL:http://lilypond.org/contact.html> (why not at
<URL:http://lilypond.org/publications.html> ?) I find a link to the
LilyPond Report <URL:http://news.lilynet.net/>.  Now I thought that the
bunch of parser changes I did in the last few months would make for
quite a nice writeup, of course in combination with pointing out how one
could financially support future developments in that area.  Cough
cough.

It turns out that this link points to an Apache server serving an
unconfigured factory default page.

How to get this properly referenced nicely again, and actually go about
working on a new article?

"Do good and don't talk about it" does not quite cut it for my purposes,
and I think it would not just be for my own personal benefit but the
project overall if we got this operative again.

The whois entry for lilynet.net belongs to Valentin as I just now
discovered.  Valentin, any perspective on that?  (Bcc since I don't know
if this address should be used here).  Would it be better to move that
link somewhere else?  How would one get the material for setting up a
publicly accessible archive for the previous reports?

That's a bit of LilyPond history we should keep around and accessible I
feel.  And I certainly would not mind using that channel for making my
own work on Lilypond more visible.