Re: bad merge in staging

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: bad merge in staging
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:39:40 +0100

Le Dec 11, 2011 à 2:30 PM, Graham Percival a écrit :

> We've got a mess in master now, starting with
> 0f68a5a1b6f789c2a0ec0e4584a3495832a3b6d7
>
> I noticed the problem before Patchy ran, but I assumed that the
> merge --ff-only  would reject the mess.  Unfortunately it didn't,
> so we now have a span of a few commits that will fail to compile,
> as well as some duplicated commits.
>
> Mike, what did you do when you pushed your addition of
>  5657e399609abfa2436aeec74e2498d16219e813
> ?  I want to find out if there were any warnings that you skipped
> over, or if Patchy needs some extra checks, or what.  The whole
> point of Patchy is that we should avoid this situation.

There only warning I got was that staging was behind master (or maybe the other
way around...I forget, and I don't have my console log anymore).

Anyway, recycling through what I typed, I did (where below, foo.diff is the
diff w/ the regtest):

git checkout master
git pull
git checkout staging
git pull
git apply foo.diff
git add input/regression/lyrics-pass-under-bar.ly
git commit -a -m "Adds regression test for new BarLine extra spacing height."
git push

Cheers,
MS