mentor needed (was: Taking the old website down)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: mentor needed (was: Taking the old website down)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 07:31:22 -0800

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:19:49PM +0000, Alberto Simões wrote:

> On 12/21/11 13:56 , Graham Percival wrote:
> >I highly recommend that you read
> >http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/summary-for-experienced-developers
> >http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/mentors
> >http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/website-work
>
> Ok, so new site is uploaded over the old website files, meaning I
> need a way to overwrite the old website files with the new website.

... no.

Given that statement, and the difference in time zones, there's no way
you've read website-work or
in sufficient detail

Developers, we don't seem to have a Frog Meister at the moment.  Is
anybody interested in mentoring Alberto ?  We could really use somebody
who is
1) energetic, or at least polite
2) doesn't mind explaining things multiple times (to be fair, language
may be an issue here)
3) ideally knows a bit of build process, shell scripting, maybe python
(I can't remember), and git to interact with both lilypond.git and the
lilypond-extra repository.  But #3 is a much less important requirement
than 1 and 2.

I fail at 1 and 2, and I don't want to be responsible for driving a
potential contributor away.