Re: LilyPond Lion

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond Lion
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:27:18 +0100

Michael Walker <address@hidden> writes:

> First of all, thank you so so much for creating such an innovative way
> to create sheet music. I love that the more you use LilyPond, the
> easier and faster it starts getting results. The language of LilyPond
> is actually really fun and interesting to learn!
>
> Having upgraded to OSX Lion, I quickly noticed that LilyPond isn't
> functional yet. I know you guys are aware of this and probably working
> on it, but could you possibly give me a date that I could look forward
> to using it again? I use it to write sheet music for my band- we'd
> love to get started again!
>
> Also, is there somewhere LilyPond accepts donations?

Yes and no.  Check out <URL:http://lilypond.org/sponsoring.html>.  You
might also look in the issue tracker for open items marked as "bounty",
or which you think you would like to mark so.  Or you might choose to
put a bounty out for your personal favorite feature to come.

That is not exactly about "donations" which supposedly are more or less
a way of expressing appreciation and also about "I want this project to
continue": the bulk of LilyPond work is happening without any
compensation, subject to discontinuing when people find they have lost
interest, energy, savings or other resources.