Re: Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:21:06 -0800

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 05:14:41PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> More looking at make doc output.  This set of error messages
> ("Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap") has been
> discussed before, and it's not a Lilypond issue, it's to do with
> texi2pdf on Ubuntu.

If you can find more information (possibly by looking at the email
archives), this would be an ideal thing to change in lilydev.
We're only a few days away from declaring lilydec 2.0 done, so it
would be a shame if we missed this.  If it would require manually
compiling all of texlive, we may decide that it isn't worth it --
but it's definitely worth looking into.

IIRC Werner diagnosed the problem in much more detail 3-4 years
ago, but it never made its way onto the tracker.

> I'd personally like to get rid of the errors, but don't know how to
> fix the problem.  It's almost certainly an upgrade to something like
> poppler.

No; poppler is a pdf viewer, not a pdf creator.