Re: lexer.ll: Warn about non-UTF-8 characters (issue 5505090)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: lexer.ll: Warn about non-UTF-8 characters (issue 5505090)
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 22:06:52 +0000

On 2012/01/01 10:12:27, dak wrote:

> Consider a comment in your case/switch statement that points to
> some reference on the various types of UTF-8 validators.

I don't understand.

Sorry, I wasn't making much sense.  As a reader I want to *recognize*
what the but switch/case is doing rather than trying to figure it out.
Maybe :
 // Test if these bytes are a UTF-8 encoding of a Unicode character,
 // and warn if not.   Trap overly-long UTF-8 encodings, but we don't
 // need to worry about finer details like some filters do.
because your test is almost but not quite equivalent to the regex in the
back of the Flex manual.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5505090/