Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 15:38:40 -0800

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:33:33 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:

I disagree.

The example in the tracker is overly complicated for what (I still
maintain) is easily explained. However *if* we really do need an example
then the \hideNotes one is not ideal. I struggled myself with that one
in the tracker, it isn't a 'tiny example' by any stretch of the
imagination and I knew perfectly well what was meant by the problem only
*after* I read the text explanation, the picture on the tracker added
nothing for me.

Okay, then.  You are addressing the fact that the beam was not un-hidden
mid-stroke, because no properties are changed mid-stroke.  So this makes sense
as a knownissue

The other way looking at the bug report is that \hideNotes seems to have removed the
automatic beam.  ( What is your man going on about with the "beam properties"?
I don't see any beam.  Do you see a beam? )

For that aspect, I'll add a few words and beamed notes to the second example of
NR 1.7.1 \hideNotes :
+ Note heads, stems, flags, and beams are invisible, but other
= objects that are attached to invisible notes are still visible.