Re: problem with checking out staging branch

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problem with checking out staging branch
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:41:23 -0800

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 08:45:45PM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> I guess i should change it into this:
>
> [core]
> [branch "master"]

It's not a bad thing that we can ask git wizards to give us custom
advice on our .git/config, but this shouldn't be necessary.  I
mean, the only time I've ever edited .git/config was to give
myself push ability, following the CG.

Once you've got your system working, Janek, could you (in a
separate directory) do a fresh git clone, following the
instructions in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/setting-up
and nowhere else, then see what happens if you follow the
instructions in the current patch for 2100 ?

I think *that's* where we should focus the attention.  Get the CG
clear on this point (which will involve deleting most of 3.2.2,
but that comes later), so that we don't need to do this song and
dance for every single developer.